Our Payment Processing Suggestions
Set up a Square account: We've found that Square is a great service and easy to use for accepting credit/debit cards. By signing up at www.squareup.com, you can request a card swiper for free. Download the free Square app (Square Point of Sale - POS) on your smart phone (or tablet) so you're able to swipe cards at home parties, events, or wherever you go. We recommend also that you get the chip card reader because the majority of cards now have chips, and it helps to protect you as a business owner. We have found the more payment options you have, the better chance of a sale.
Rates: 2.75% per swipe, dip, or tap transaction and 3.5% + 15¢ per keyed-in transaction.
Set up a PayPal account: We've found that PayPal is a great service and easy to use for shipping your orders. Since PayPal has partnered with USPS, you'll save 30% by signing up and shipping through PayPal (using USPS) than if you were to just ship through USPS. Once you have set up an account, you will be able to send invoices to customers or manually create a shipping label to print. PayPal also offers a way to accept credit/debit cards, like Square above.
Rates: 2.7% per swipe, dip, or tap transaction and 2.9% + 30¢ per online transaction.
Payment Processing Summary and Features (Additional Processing Companies Included)
- Square is a fast and easy way to accept credit cards anytime, anywhere. Just sign up for an account, download the Square app, plug Square's credit card reader into your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, and you're ready to go. You can also use Square's stand to turn your iPad into a powerful point of sale (POS) system at your checkout counter. Square offers dedicated solutions for all types of businesses, from retailers and restaurants to service providers, health and fitness, entertainment companies, organizations, and more. Square has simple pricing, fast deposits, a free online store and other benefits.
- Rates: 2.75 percent flat rate per swipe, dip or tap transaction. 3.5% + 15¢ per keyed-in transaction.
- Solutions: Mobile, POS and online credit card processing
- Support: Phone support during business hours only
- PayPal offers flexible credit card processing for all types of businesses with low-volume sales, at a budget-friendly price. Whether you make sales in person, online, on the go or all of the above, PayPal has a credit card processing solution for you. Designed specifically for small businesses and startups, the service also comes with additional perks like a point of sale (POS) system, the ability to extend credit to customers, a rewards business MasterCard program, and 24-7 phone and email support.
- Rates: 2.7 to 2.9 percent + 30 cents flat rate per transaction
- Solutions: Mobile, online and POS credit card processing
- Support: 24/7 phone and email support
- Payline offers a comprehensive and affordable credit card processing service for all types of small businesses. It lets you accept credit cards in different ways – with a credit card machine, mobile phone, tablet point of sale (POS) system and online – and there are different pricing options based on your sales volume. The company provides merchant accounts, including those for high-risk businesses that often have difficulty obtaining one. Payline comes with 24/7 phone support, as well as email, helpdesk and live chat support.
- Rates: 0.3-0.65 percent + 20 cents above interchange per transaction
- Solutions: Credit card machine, POS, mobile, online and phone/mail credit card processing
- Support: 24-7 phone and live chat
Flagship Merchant services
- Flagship Merchant Services is an all-in-one credit card processing solution that offers flexible, low rates for high-volume businesses. The service includes a merchant account and a wide range of credit card processing options, including in-person, online and mobile credit card processing. If you need a more advanced solution, you also have the choice of using a full-featured iPad point of sale (POS) system. Flagship has an easy application process, 24-7 customer support, and no long-term contracts or early termination fees.
- Rates: Starting at 0.38 to 1.58 percent + 19 to 21 cents per transaction
- Solutions: Credit card machine, POS, mobile, phone/mail and online credit card processing
- Support: 24-7 phone support
- Stripe is an easy-to-use online credit-card-processing solution that aims to take away the legwork of accepting credit cards online. It doesn't require a merchant account, so your online store can start processing credit card sales right away. You can choose from the simple checkout system that you can copy and paste into your online store, or program the Stripe API into your shopping cart. Stripe is packed with features and customization options, which lets you tailor the service to suit your e-commerce business's unique needs. The company also has transparent pricing, so you'll know exactly what you'll be paying and can avoid any surprises down the road.
- Rates: 2.9 percent plus 30 cents flat rate per transaction
- Solutions: Online and mobile credit card processing
- Support: Email to report issues and representative will call